Examination rooms are located at the following Portage College Campuses: Lac La Biche and Cold Lake.
Cold Lake Hours: Monday through Thursday 5 - 9 pm (no service on weekends, statutory holidays or blackout periods)
Lac La Biche Hours: Monday through Thursday 9 am - 5 pm, Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (no service on weekends, statutory holidays or blackout periods)
- The invigilator distributes, supervises, collects and returns the completed exam to the student's institution. Invigilation/proctoring is provided for both online and print exams.
- If exams or other documents are to be mailed back, a pre-paid package will need to be provided by the student or their institution.
- The cost of all printing, other than the exam/instructions, is the responsibility of the student/institution.
- Invigilators/Proctors cannot invigilate exams for relatives, friends, neighbours, coworkers, and people residing at their address of residence.
- All exams are to be sent directly to our exam centre, via mail or email. Students are responsible for making arrangements with their institutions.
- Students are required to contact us a week ahead to confirm booking/exam delivery.
- Personal belongings, such as cellular phones, books (unless open-book exam), coats, etc., are not allowed in the exam room.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time. You must present valid government photo ID at the time of examination.
- Please note: Invigilators/Proctors have the right to refuse proctoring/invigilating exams if conditions cannot be met or guiding principles cannot be adhered to.
Mandatory Administration fee: $25.00 (waived if examination is for the same course, e.g. midterm and final)
Hourly rate: $25.00/hour (no refund if student finishes before his/her scheduled time is up)
- Lac La Biche: Debit, credit card and cash payments are to be paid at the Student Services department before the exam. To pay your exam fees over the phone, call Student Accounts at 780-623-5706. Ask for your receipt number and provide the number to the invigilator before or at the exam day.
- Cold Lake: Debit or credit card payments are to be paid through the Learning Commons.
Invoicing is available for institutions/employers. In order to invoice, our Accounts Payable department needs the following information:
- Student name(s)
- Student ID no. (if available)
- Course name(s)/exam name(s)
- Exam date(s)
- Length of exam(s)
- Purchase order no. (if applicable) and/or invoicing instructions
- Email contact of person/department that the invoice can be fowarded to electronically
- Contact info and full mailing address of institution/employer/individual to be invoiced
- Amount to be invoiced (e.g. 3 hours at $25/hour plus admin fee)
To book an exam in Lac La Biche, email email@example.com or call 780 623-5755. To book an exam in Cold Lake, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780 639-7128.