Exam proctoring services are not available during summer months and will resume on September 18, 2023
Priority for exam services is available to:
- current Portage College students/staff (and applicable students from partner institutions)
- those writing job certification exams (on a case-by-case basis)
Please note that external post-secondary exams may be referred to alternative providers.
Requesting an exam:
Please fill out the exam request form, and we will respond in 1-2 business days.
- Submitting this request form does not guarantee proctor availability.
Hourly rate: $25.00/hour (no refund if student finishes before his/her scheduled time is up). Please note exam fees are waived for current Portage College students and staff (and students taking applicable programs from our partner institutions).
- Cold Lake: Debit or credit card payments are to be paid through the Library.
- Lac La Biche: Debit, credit card and cash payments are to be paid at the Student Services department before the exam. To pay your exam fees over the phone, call Student Accounts at 780-623-5706. Ask for your receipt number and provide the number to the invigilator before or at the exam day.
Invoicing is available for institutions/employers. In order to invoice, our Accounts Receivable department needs the following information:
- Student name(s)
- Student ID no. (if available)
- Course name(s)/exam name(s)
- Exam date(s)
- Length of exam(s)
- Purchase order no. (if applicable) and/or invoicing instructions
- Email contact of person/department that the invoice can be forwarded to electronically
- Contact info and full mailing address of institution/employer/individual to be invoiced
- Amount to be invoiced (e.g., 3 hours at $25/hour)
- Invigilation/proctoring is provided for both online and print exams.
- The invigilator is a library staff member who distributes, supervises, collects and returns the completed exam to the student's institution.
- All exams are to be sent directly, via mail or email. Students are responsible for making arrangements with their institutions.
- If exams or other documents are to be mailed back, a pre-paid package will need to be provided by the student or their institution.
- Invigilators/Proctors cannot invigilate exams for relatives, friends, neighbours, coworkers, and people residing at their address of residence.
- Students are required to contact us a week ahead to confirm booking/exam delivery.
- Personal belongings, such as cellular phones, books (unless open-book exam), coats, etc., are not allowed in the exam room (lockers and locks are provided at the Cold Lake campus).
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time. You must present valid government photo ID at the time of examination.
- Students are placed in an exam room and monitored closely (including video monitoring). Private exam rooms are not guaranteed at the Cold Lake campus.
- Please note: Invigilators/Proctors have the right to refuse proctoring/invigilating exams if conditions cannot be met or guiding principles cannot be adhered to.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com